Sunday, May 29, 2016

Tattoo shops can be intimidating....

Tattoos and tattoo shops can be intimidating. As a woman I can definitely attest to this. When I was 18 I decided to go and get that first tattoo. It was the 90's so some Chinese character was a very appropriate decision for the time period. When I walked into the tattoo shop I was immediately over whelmed with loud screamo music and dudes staring at me. Dude number one approaches....what can I help you with...ummm I'd like to get a tattoo said in my weakest nervous tone possible. After looking through some flash I finally decided on the butterfly character because supposedly my first name Vanessa means butterfly in a book of names.

I don't recall the name of the tattooist or what he may have even said to me however I left with an uncomfortable feeling. There wasn't anything wrong with the tattoo or that the tattooist was overtly rude. The feeling was more so of being out of my element. It was almost as if I walked into this secret club and they weren't accepting any new members. I've never been a tattooed Betty or a redneck rock star so I believe the feeling was mutual between the two parties.

Since the 90's I have acquired more tattoos and the intimidation factor has subsided. However they have all been done by husband Mark. Of course there is a different comfort ability factor having your husband tattoo you but it was more than just that. Ultimately it's because he's a down to earth person that doesn't take himself too seriously. When he opened up Rosebud Tattoo that experience among others has shaped the vision of being a tattoo shop for everyday people. Enjoy your tattoo experience wherever it may be and know that there are some amazing Jacksonville tattoo shops and tattooist out there. Whether you walk into Rosebud or go to another shop feel comfortable and get to know the artist.

No comments:

Post a Comment